Mondays, 9 p.m. (ET) – 10:00 p.m.
What do you get when you add one garden topic, one guest host who specializes in that topic, an avid and friendly group of gardeners and Twitter? The answer is #gardenchat, a forum for sharing all things growing as well as a host of other topics that relate to the gardening community. It’s fun, inspiring, informational and fast paced. VERY fast paced…the ideas, answers and questions all flying at Twitter warp-speed which can lead to a bit of confusion and unanswered questions. We can’t have that!
Welcome to the new format for #gardenchat. The format is similar to other chats on Twitter, with questions submitted beforehand and discussed in order that they are answered. Here’s how it will work:
- Starting Monday and continuing throughout the week, the new #gardenchat topic and guest host will be announced. There will also be a link to a form where you can submit a question you have about the upcoming topic (you can also click the gardenchat icon on the right sidebar of my blog). Your questions can be entered at any time during the week up until Thursday at 11 p.m. (ET) to allow the guest host time to prepare their answers.
- Your questions will be given to the guest host who will choose which to answer based on the time allotted. The new format will also allow for a brief live question/answer period as well (see below).
- #Gardenchat will now be broken up into three sections:
- 9 p.m. (ET)- 9:10 will be reserved for greetings and introductions.
- 9:10 – 9:45 is reserved for the answers to submitted questions. Each question will have a brief discussion immediately following the answer. (Discussion times will vary according to the number of questions being answered by the guest host.)
- 9:45 – 10:00 is reserved for live questions, answers and open discussion.
My hope is that the new format will make it easier to follow the conversation as well as insure as many questions as possible are answered. The last 15 minutes may still be fast-paced… but hey, after all that is part of the fun! Thank you for joining in every week and I look forward to our next #gardenchat!
*A special thank-you to a certain garden friend with a Brown Thumb for all of your help, I truly appreciate it.*